Even though it might sound odd, vaginal odour isn’t really that uncommon problem among women. Most women would agree that they have faced this problem at least once in their life. There are a lot of reasons that can cause vaginal odour. You might maintain all possible hygiene measures yet you are not being able to find the reason behind this problem.
There’s not just one reason that might be causing this problem. It can be caused due to a number of reasons like bacterial growth, yeast infections, poor hygiene, hormonal changes and STD (sexually transmitted diseases).
If a certain infection is causing this problem, there might be symptoms like redness, itching or burning and irritation in and around the vaginal area. If you can smell fish-like odour down there, it might be a sign of bacterial vaginosis. Whatever be the reason, vaginal odour is the last thing a woman would want to have.
Most of us might even feel uncomfortable to go to a doctor and discuss this problem. But now you can stop fretting over this problem of yours as we have come up with a few effective home remedies that can cure this issue.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is loaded with several antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can help in fighting vaginal odour. You can take bath in apple cider vinegar as it is one of the easiest ways of getting rid of bad odour. It removes toxins and bacteria as they are the primary causes of vaginal odour.
It also helps in restoring the acidic quality of vaginal flora. For taking bath, mix two cups of apple cider vinegar in warm water. Soak it in bathing water for about 20 minutes. Take bath in this water and make sure to follow this remedy frequently for best results.
Additionally, you can also drink a glass of water with a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily.
Baking soda is highly effective in balancing the pH level in your body. A fluctuation in pH level is one of the primary causes of vaginal odour. Hence when the pH level is at an optimum level, the problem of vaginal odour will cease to exist.
- Mix half a cup of baking soda to your bathing water
- Now soak your lower body in that water for at least 20 minutes
- After you are done with it, make sure you dry yourself with a clean towel.
This remedy helps in fighting yeast infection and will surely get rid of the odour in no time.
Yoghurt not only tastes good, it is also instrumental in treating vaginal odour. It is packed with lactobacillus bacteria that help in fighting candida infection which is one of the most common reasons behind vaginal odour. Like baking soda, yoghurt also restores the natural pH level of the vagina.
- Eat about 2 cups of plain yoghurt (the unsweetened one) daily. If you want, you can also take probiotic supplements.
- You can also soak a tampon in plain yoghurt and insert it the normal way you would insert a tampon during your menstrual cycle. Leave it for a few hours and then rinse that area thoroughly after removing the tampon. This remedy works if you suffer from a very strong vaginal odour.
Tea tree oil
- Take 3 drops of tea tree oil in a cup of water and use this as a vaginal wash. Rinse the affected area with this solution on a daily basis.
- Additionally, you can also dip a tampon is this solution and insert it in your vagina. Keep the tampon for at least an hour. This remedy is sure to help you in getting rid of that foul odour and restore the natural pH balance of your vagina.
That’s it! Follow these remedies and big farewell to that vaginal odour forever.