Hairs do impact personality and confidence of an individual. Apart from the texture and length, the lustre of hair matters the most. If your hair appears dry and dull, you probably will not be so appealing or gorgeous as you would love to be. This certainly hampers your confidence and perception of people around you. There can be many causes for dull hair which can include poor nutrition, illness, exposure to sun, use of chemical products, use of heated equipment, etc.
These numerous causes to dull hair can be dealt with at home. No need to rush to a parlour or a spa and spend excessively to treat your hair. Your hair can be shiny and silky from the comfort of your home. You just need a few homemade therapies that work towards shiny hair (verified by several users) to solve your problem. So, let’s list them out-
[WORTH READ: CAN WHITE DISCHARGE BE A SIGN OF PREGNANCY ]
When you just think about shiny & gorgeous hair, one ingredient which immediately strikes your mind, could be egg. Egg is a nutrient rich package, which probably is the best ingredient for realizing silky-shiny hair. A lot of hair products like shampoos are being launched which primarily consist of egg benefits. But, if you can prepare a simple egg mask for your hair at home, you won’t need them!
To realize an effective homemade tip with eggs, you will need egg white, olive oil and honey.
- Separate the egg white and mix one tbsp. of olive oil and similar quantity of honey to it.
- Mix it well until you determine a paste like mixture.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp and to the tips of the hair.
- Use good quantity of mixture where you observe dullness or dryness.
- Use a shower cap to cover your head for about 25-30 minutes.
- Use cool water and a mild shampoo to wash it off.
[ WORTH READ : 5 WAYS ICE CAN IMPROVE YOUR SKIN HEALTH]
You might or might not love beer however, beer can be a great product for your hair. You might observe several shampoos, oils, etc., in the recent tenure have been launched with the name beer by reputed brands. Beer is a great ingredient which is known to nourish hair follicles and repair the damaged cuticles. The biggest advantage of using a beer is that you do not need a list of ingredients for it. Flat beer is self-sufficient to help you gain the lustrous shiny hair.
- Wash your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Apply flat beer nicely from the scalp to the tips of the hair.
- Let it be there for about 5 minutes and then wash it off.
- Apply flat beer twice a week to get great results.
Coconut oil has several advantages and a hot coconut oil massage cannot be missed at any cost. From several decades, it is a practice to use hot coconut oil for massaging hair as it is a great source for nourishment. Hair can appear shiny and strong only if they are sufficiently nourished. Oiling is important and when warm coconut oil is used for oiling, it becomes even more beneficial.
You can apply coconut oil and leave it overnight before you wash it off next morning. You can also create a mixture using curry leaves for enhanced benefits.
[ WORTH READ: 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT ALMONDS DURING PREGNANCY ]
- Just add a few curry leaves (2-3 leaves) to 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Heat till the solution becomes slightly warm.
- Apply this solution or mixture on the hair giving special focus to scalp and tips.
- Use a warm towel to cover your hair for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
When you talk about smoothness, lustre and shine, honey cannot be left behind. It acts as a supporting ingredient in most hair and face treatment tips. It provides moisture to hair and departs shine and smoothness to hair. Here honey is being used as a main ingredient and it completely focuses on improving the quality of the hair.
- You will need 2 cups of warm water and 2 tbsp. of honey.
- Put this mixture in a spray bottle.
- Shampoo your hair and spray the mixture on your hair.
- Now, massage for about 5 minutes in circular motions.
- Leave it for 15 minutes and then use warm water to wash it off.
- Use this at least once a week.
- You can also mix honey to your normal hair conditioner and use it once a week.
[ WORTH READ : 11 EFFECTIVE HERBAL BEAUTY TIPS FOR GLOWING SKIN]
Aloe vera is a great naturally sourced ingredient which is beneficial for hair and skin equally. If you wish for healthy hair, aloe vera consists of vitamins and anti-oxidants, which support development of healthy hair. You can also address the issue of dandruff and frizz using aloe vera.
You will need aloe vera gel, coconut oil and yogurt for creating this mixture.
- First mix 4 tbsp. of aloe vera gel, 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and 3 tbsp. of yogurt.
- Make sure you get a paste like mixture once you stir them well.
- Now, apply this paste to your hair, laying special focus on damp and dull hair.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes and then rinse using warm water.
Yogurt or curd
Curd or yogurt is commonly used in many hair and face treatment packs. It can also be applied on hair directly without assistance of any other ingredient. It has characteristics that prevent hair problems like dandruff, irritation, etc. They are good for hair scalp as the anti-bacterial properties prevent the chances of infection in the scalp.
[ WORTH READ: LITTLE ELLIE’S JOURNEY OF HER DREAMS TURNING TO REALITY ]
- To apply yogurt, brush your hair using a wide tooth comb.
- Apply yogurt from scalp to the ends of your hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your hair for about 30 minutes.
- Use warm water to wash your hair.
- You can use shampoo and conditioner normally after rinsing your hair.
- Use yogurt once a week for consistent results.
- You can also mix honey, olive oil to curd and apply the same on your scalp and hairs.
Glucose and fruit acids in banana are great source of nourishment for the hairs. Banana is extensively used in face packs too. They are known to instantly treat itchiness in the scalp and dryness of hair. To make this pack, you will need yogurt and a ripped banana.
- Crush a ripped banana and add 2 tbsp. yogurt to it.
- Use a blender to mix them well so as you get a smooth paste out of it.
- Spread this mixture all around your hair nicely.
- Let it sit for about 35-40 minutes and then wash it off using a shampoo.
[WORTH READ: 6 TERRIFYING THINGS THEY DON’T TELL YOU ABOUT CHILDBIRTH ]
Apple cider vinegar
- Quarter cup of vinegar has to be mixed with a cup of water. Shampoo wash your hair. Then, use this solution to rinse your hair.
- Mix similar quantities of apple cider vinegar solution and water. Wash your hair. Apply this solution to your hair and massage well. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes. Wash using cold water.
- Mix 2tbsp. vinegar, few lemon juice drops and a cup of water. Shampoo wash your hair. Apply this on your hair as a conclusive rinse.
Getting shiny hairs can be a dream for you but with the above suggestions, it can be a pass time at home. These can be a quick fix solution for your dull, dry and damaged hair. You would not need too many items and the cost for this is also very controlled. So ditch all your worries and expensive treatments to exercise your beautiful shiny hair using home treatment.